Information on local warming centers
Feb. 25, 2020 - After a two-inch snowfall, the Emergency Snow Removal Parking Plan may go into effect and parking prohibited on major streets and restricted on other roadways.
When the plan is implemented, the parking rules listed below are enforced seven days a week, including holidays. Residents are urged to monitor forecasts and park accordingly.
To find out if snow-related parking restrictions are in effect, call 708.358.7669 for a recorded message.
Cable television subscribers can tune into VOP-TV, available on Comcast channel 6 and AT&T channel 99, where information may be scrolled. Residents also can sign up for emergency alerts at www.oak-park.us/notifyme.
Emergency Snow Removal Parking Rules
- Main streets posted as snow routes must be cleared of all parked cars. These include Augusta Street, Austin Boulevard, Chicago Avenue, Division Street, Garfield Street, Harlem Avenue, Harrison Street, Jackson Boulevard, Lake Street, Madison Street, North Avenue, Oak Park Avenue, Ridgeland Avenue, Roosevelt Road and Wisconsin Avenue from Madison Street to the emergency entrance of Rush Oak Park Hospital.
- Non-snow route streets allow parking between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. on the side of the street with even numbered addresses on even days and the side of the street with odd numbered addresses on odd days.
- Designated commercial parking areas as posted follow the odd/even rule between midnight and 8 a.m.
- Snow parking rules do not override other parking regulations, such as time limitations and prohibitions.
- Vehicles parked in violation of the snow restrictions are subject to ticketing and towing.
Other weather-related emergency services Information