Each year, the Village Board sets the official hours for Halloween trick or treating. Typically, the hours are 4 to 7 p.m., Oct. 31. Parents are urged to accompany young children, especially after dark, and inspect all treats. Other safety tips include:
- Use make-up instead of masks
- Choose flame-retardant costumes
- Wear light-colored clothing at night or add reflective tape to dark colored costumes
- Give and accept only wrapped and packaged candy
- Go out in daylight and carry a flashlight in case of delay
- Stay within your neighborhood and visit only homes you know
For more information on trick-or-treating hours, call 708.358.5670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For safety information, call 708.445.3300 or 708.386.3800, or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.