The Swenson-Gottlieb House on Fair Oaks Avenue was officially recognized as Oak Park’s newest historic landmark on May 15. The house was built in 1931 and is significant as an example of a design by prolific local architect George E. Pearson. The well-preserved 1930s bungalow with Renaissance Revival and Craftsman style detailing was the primary residence of the Gottleib family for more than 40 years. David Gottlieb became a millionaire through the manufacture of pinball machines and gave large donations to fund enterprises such as Gottlieb Memorial Hospital on North Avenue. Learn more about historic preservation in the Village and Oak Park’s historic landmarks at www.oak-park.us/historicpreservation.