After a two-inch snowfall, the Emergency Snow Removal Parking Plan goes into effect and the following parking rules are enforced seven days a week, including holidays:
- Main streets posted as snow routes must be cleared of all parked cars. These include Augusta, Austin, Chicago, Division, Garfield, Harlem, Harrison, Jackson, Lake, Madison, North Ave., Oak Park, Ridgeland, Roosevelt and Wisconsin from Madison to the emergency entrance of Oak Park Hospital.
- Non-snow route streets allow parking between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. on the side of the street with even numbered addresses on even days and the side of the street with odd numbered addresses on odd days.
- Designated commercial parking areas as posted follow the odd/even rule between midnight and 8 a.m.
- Snow parking rules do not override other parking regulations, such as time limitations and prohibitions.
- Vehicles parked in violation of the snow restrictions are subject to ticketing and towing.
To find out if snow-related parking restrictions are in effect, call 708.358.7669 for a recorded message. Cable television subscribers can tune into VOP-TV, available on Comcast channel 6 and AT&T channel 99. Residents also can sign up for alerts at www.oak-park.us/notifyme.