The Village’s Board of Health has selected the winners for the 2023 Fitzsimmons Public Health Award, which honors individuals, businesses and organizations that have gone above and beyond the call of duty in creating a healthier Oak Park. This award is named for William Fitzsimmons, a medical consultant for the Oak Park Public Health Department for more than 15 years. Nominees could be honored in three categories: leadership, community and equity. This year’s winners are:
- Cheney Mansion staff, community award winner
- Collaboration for Early Childhood, community award winner
- Live4Lali, community award winner
- Oak Park River Forest Chamber of Commerce, leadership award winner
- Alicia Chastain, community award winner
- Kelly O’Connor, community award winner
More information about this year’s winners is available at www.oak-park.us/fitzsimmonsawards.