Each year, the Village Board sets the official hours for Halloween trick or treating. Typically, the hours are 4 to 8 p.m., Oct. 31. Parents are urged to accompany young children, especially after dark, and inspect all treats. Other safety tips include:
- Use make-up instead of masks
- Choose flame-retardant costumes
- Wear light-colored clothing or add reflective tape to dark colored costumes
- Give and accept only wrapped and packaged candy
- Go out in daylight and carry a flashlight in case of delay
- Stay within your neighborhood and visit only homes you know
For information on Halloween safety, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or visit www.oak-park.us/halloween.