Contractors who perform work that requires a permit must be properly registered with the Village. A permit will not be issued until the contractor has registered in accordance with Village code and paid the $50 annual registration fee.
A contractor required to register with the State of Illinois, may, in lieu of the local registration, provide the Village with a copy of its state registration and license.
Any change in the business structure, name, location or ownership listed on the registration requires a contractor to reapply for registration and pay the $50 annual fee.
Village registration is valid for one year from the date of issuance.
Registration requires the following information.
- Contractor's full name, business name, full address of the business, business telephone and federal employer identification number (FEIN)
- Whether the business is a sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation and if a corporation, the name of the registered agent
- If the contractor is a corporation, annual certification from the Illinois secretary of state that the corporation is in good standing in the state of Illinois as either a domestic or foreign corporation and has not been dissolved
- If the contractor is required to be licensed by the state of Illinois, a copy of the current license with the license number
- Original certificate of insurance or policy declaration documenting that the contractor carries general liability insurance with a minimum of $1 million dollars per occurrence, bodily injury insurance with a minimum of $500,000 per occurrence, property damage insurance with a minimum of $100,000 and workers' compensation insurance at the statutory minimum amounts. Sole proprietorships and partnerships with no employees are exempt from the worker's compensation insurance requirement. Work in the public right requires contractors to name the Village of Oak Park as an additional insured on their insurance policies and to provide proof of insurance.