The annual fall leaf collection program for 2018 is scheduled for Oct. 15 through Dec. 6 with eight pickups planned for each section of the Village. Residents should rake leaves into the street at least 18 inches from the curb the day before the scheduled pickup dates indicated on the map below. Leaves raked into the street are pushed into piles by Public Works crews during the night to reduce impact on traffic and parked cars, and then collected the following day. Residents who miss a scheduled pickup date should keep their leaves on the parkway until the night before the next scheduled pickup. Once the program ends for the season, residents should bag and store the leaves until spring. Cooperation is essential to the success of the program, so please follow these simple rules:
- Consider composting or using the leaves as garden mulch as an alternative to raking.
- Inform landscape services of the leaf collection schedule.
- Rake leaves out the day before the scheduled pickup date.
- Leaves only — do not add brush, grass clippings or yard waste.
- Do not park on or near a pile of leaves, which can hinder leaf removal operations. Heat from a car also could ignite the leaves.
- Rake leaves onto side streets whenever possible. Try to avoid major thoroughfares where piles of leaves might create traffic hazards.
- Do not rake leaves into or close to cul de sacs or traffic diverters. The equipment needs room to operate.
- Do not rake leaves into or close to bus shelters or bicycle racks.
- Keep catch basins clear of raked leaves to avoid flooding.
- Obey all parking restrictions. Regulations are strictly enforced.
- Dampen piles after raking to avoid leaves being blown by the wind.
- Drive carefully. Leaves are slippery when wet and large piles may hinder visibility.
- Stay alert. Intersections may be closed temporarily to create safe work zones to remove large leaf piles.
For more information, call 708.358.5700 or email email@example.com.