Oct. 23, 2017 - Witches, goblins and ghosts are sure to be among the spooky swarm in the streets of Oak Park this Halloween.
Official hours for Halloween trick or treating in the Village are 3 to 7 p.m. on Oct. 31. Parents are encouraged to accompany young children, especially after dark, and inspect all treats.
Other safety tips include:
- Use make-up instead of masks
- Choose flame-retardant costumes
- Wear light-colored clothing at night or add reflective tape to dark colored costumes
- Give and accept only wrapped and packaged candy
- Go out in daylight and carry a flashlight in case of delay
- Stay within your neighborhood and visit only homes you know