Official hours for Halloween trick or treating are 3 to 7 p.m., Oct. 31. Parents should accompany young children, especially after dark, and inspect all treats. Other safety tips include:
- Use make-up instead of masks
- Choose flame-retardant costumes
- Wear light-colored clothing at night or add reflective tape to dark colored costumes
- Give and accept only wrapped and packaged candy
- Go out in daylight and carry a flashlight in case of delay
- Stay within your neighborhood and visit only homes you know
Halloween double feature…The Park District of Oak Park will host its annual Halloween double feature on Sat., Oct. 29 in the shadowy beauty of Austin Gardens, 167 Forest Ave., just north of Lake Street. The action begins at dusk with Casper the Friendly Ghost followed by Hocus Pocus. Both films are rated PG. Visit www.pdop.org for more information.